hey all, im full od questions arent i!

I was just wonder whats with the japanese game shows the endurance ones ??

Were guys have canon balls shot at their bottoms while climbing a pole...

and were they have crabs bit them...

and were they swim in like -40 water and see who can last the longest...

and were they drink ltrs and ltrs of beer and see who can last the longest with out weeing??

Whats with that?? i find it rather odd...

is it all for real?

mmm....

Curious Sam

What I don't really get - and I may be misunderstanding it - is why "talento" go on quiz show and they get the prizes of millions of yen. As if they need it. Do they give it to charity of what?

Scouser,

I'm DISGUSTED with that tactic on Japanese TV, it's an evil, incestual relationship. When you have big, successful (ie. rich) TV stars/pop singers using their fame to get onto these shows, that they get paid to appear on, so they can then win themselves Pajeros and 10 million yen and stuff like that...... that's just f*c3d up.

Heheh, I sound like a commie revolutionary there, but yeah, "Give the power to the people".

Speaking of talent, how much talent do these people actually have? Like Mino Monta, the guy who's the host of "Millionaire" - he's also on like 15 other shows throughout the week. What happened to just letting people do one show a week? Its bad enough that I gotta see him on Karakuri terebi but also on every other damn program and channel, too. mad.gif

They're just hard working folk like the rest of us. And if they win a trip to Hawaii, it's not as if the trip was going to be distributed to the poor people anyway. Hell, I bet it's not even a very good trip to Hawaii that they win anyway (if'n it does exist at all...)

I like Mino Monta anyway. He's like a roguish uncle to me. All those faces he pulls on Millionaire - what a scream. Like all roguish uncles, I never let him into my house. That 'fainaru ansa-?' thing he does has me sitting on the edge of my seat (scrabbling around behind me to find the zapper fast enough to turn the box off before we get to see any more).