Nabe - theres nothing nicer than eating nabe and drinking atsukan while sitting under a kotatsu with your mates!!!

nikuman and oden are good too

ummm, hot chocolate

I know you cant eat it but a nice onsen bath after a day on the slopes is sooo relaxing \:D

Baked Beans!! \:\)

Baked beans are good for your heart

Baked beans make you fart

The more you fart the better you feel

SO EAT BAKED BEANS FOR EVERY MEAL! \:D

Brings back wonderufl memories of the campfire scene in Blazing Saddles.

Dont mind a bit of nabe in the winter... not "O"nabe as I mistakedly called it the first time I had it!!! Hahaha... but I have never had a real tasty one. Anyone got any suggestions? Raamen goes off in the winter... what else? Soups are especially good in the winter too. With some really nice crusty bread with it.

But zebedee... I have to agree with you. Ice cream is great in the winter. A real nice haagen daz is the go for sure! Cant put my finger on exactly why I like it but give it a go and see how you like it!

I like tessa too, but I'm not sure whether it's for the hard bite of the flesh or for the sudachi (citrus) used to flavour it. Fugu is too mild to taste great in a nabe, but the subtle flavour makes great zousui (the rice gruel made with the nabe broth).

Woywoy, if you think the standard nabe (mizutaki etc) are too plain, try a hot chige nabe made with kimuchi sauce for starters.

Yuki's passion... I was actually at a mate's friends house and I hadn't met his folks or anything before and they come in to introduce themselves and say gday and I was telling my mate about our "(o)nabe" party we had the other night! He completely lost it ... rolling round on the floor and all the rest of it and then you should have seen his mum's face! It was a cackle indeed! My face went soooooooooooo RED and I am just like... "what? why?", aren't I just being polite!?!?! I learned from that day on to be careful with putting honorific "o's" before words!!!