Favorite Beer - very important topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are men of excellent taste, Boags and Cascade premium are right up there! I used to live five minutes from the Cascade brewery before coming to Japan. Ahhhhh BEER!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not much of a beer drinker but...

Sierra Nevada Pale and Guieness from a tap are my favs. I also like to drink a cold Corona w/ a lime in any tropical setting.

J'biiru- Asahi Super Dry ..karakuchi!

BTW beer people, Yebisu is usually most expensive (in the convini's, etc) and it's a malt beer. In the US malt liquor is usually cheapest and not very good (and comes in a 40 oz. bottle) I've noticed many on this topic like Yebisu. Why the diff?

• 4 weeks later...

Unbelievable! I actually found my favorite beer in Japan after 5 months of searching.

You can get Red Hook ESB by the bottle at "What The Dickens" pub in Ebisu.

After finding ranch salad dressing in Hiro-o I am now confident that you can find pretty much anything you want in Japan and that the myth of certain things being unavailable is just that.

• 4 weeks later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by ILiveToSki:
I have to give my props to the New Zealand beer Steinlager. It was great. Not the best I have ever had but it was pretty good.
Steinlager! thats so bad we export it and keep and drink the good stuff!
Few NZ blokes drink the stuff, its got a fruity taste alcoholic.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by ILiveToSki:
So its not New Zealand's finest beer like the bottle said. I was fooled. " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />
yes, damn them for saying their own beer was good

;\)
  • 3 weeks later...