Biggest problem dating internationally

Ocean11-you left that one out of the crap jobs thread a while back. Did you have to wear a uniform and ask "Would you like any extra..hic!...hic!..mozzerella with that Sir...burp..?". I was a waiter for a while "And todays specials are..." great work.

Anyway back to the original-the love of my life is Japanese and I think coming from different cultures makes us get on better. She is a very considerate person like many Japanese and I have a lot to learn from that angle. I think she can similarly gain a different perspective from being with me in some ways. But at the end of the day we are very similar despite our different cultural backgrounds-all cool.

Davo, at Pizza Hut I had possibly the sexiest turd-brown scratchy nylon trousers ever tailored by an industrial robot. My pizza paramours also wore the same horrible garb, but we still managed to find each other sufficiently attractive to get it on. I think the fact that I was possessed of the prestigious Doughmaster qualification might have contributed to my appeal. But then again, maybe not.

When you think about girls at home you may have dated without much enjoyment, doesn't it show that personality and probably family culture are at least as big a factor as national culture? When I have set-tos with Mrs 11, it's usually traceable to peculiarities of the manners of both our families, which are not those generally thought to be typically Japanese or English. My family adhers to some quite rigid protocols even at home, whereas hers deal with what looks to me like unnecessarily brutal straightforwardness. Negotiating something in between for ourselves is the biggest source of friction.

• 2 weeks later...

Tut Tut tut ocean11!

mind you the people that work there were prolly only working there for the same reasons! hehahe

thats the Pizza S l u t (sorry kids) crew....

i work at video ezy and get get video s l e e z y so i can understand the pain! \:D

but the relationship thing long distance never works...? but different languages i donno that could be hard but kinda interesting youd certainly learn the other language to know what they were moaning or groaning!

but i reckon its cool!

i have never tryed it but thats cause im a happy \:D little vegemite with drew (snowboard_freak)