I don't have any as pets, but in the area surrounding my workshop, which is in a rural area, we get them all the time.

It is really nice having a break in summer and watching these little guys wander all over the piles of bricks and stuff outside. They tend not to come out in winter unless it is a sunny day, then they bask in the sun.

I also have one that hides in my letter-box at my house.

[This message has been edited by Raury (edited 27 May 2002).]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the reasons I love going to Bali is to see the geckos. Some of them grow to the size of my forearm. And they actually say 'gecko!' quite loudly. I accidently brought one home in my luggage once. He may be growing very large somewhere in Osaka.

I think if I were to get a tattoo, I'd have an octopus done. Suitable for someone with the first name of 'Ocean', and a very tight hug.

Like a good grip them Ocean?

I think you could do better than an Octopus though, how about a nice bunny rabbit or some daffodils or something.

lol.gif

[This message has been edited by rach (edited 28 May 2002).]

Mediocre minds must think alike!

I've got a gecko tat too - but coloured, and on my lower back. Same reason - the rock climbing.

I'm moving to Japan in a couple of months - has anyone with a tat had any trouble with being allowed into onsen or public baths, because of the whole 'yakuza' connotation?

Mediocre minds must think alike!

I've got a gecko tat too - but coloured, and on my lower back. Same reason - the rock climbing.

I'm moving to Japan in a couple of months - has anyone with a tat had any trouble with being allowed into onsen or public baths, because of the whole 'yakuza' connotation?

Hey snowhaus,

That's pretty amazing that we have similar tatts for the same reason.

Haven't seen you round ski.com recently. Still doing the bridge climbs?

I thought it might be you Raury! But I didnt know you had moved to Adelaide...

Yep, still climbing the bridge, but not for much longer. Going to leave at the end of

June so I can have a full month down at PB before going to Japan. biggrin.gif

Yes, 'tis I, tho I have always been based in ADL.

If you are going to Japan, you will miss SIC frown.gif

Actually, just worked it out, you will be in PB for July wont you? Will you still be there on July 26?

[This message has been edited by Raury (edited 30 May 2002).]

Mmmmm.... probably not. The flight is booked for either 27 or 28 July, so I think I'll be tying up loose ends, and doing final packing at that stage.

Would have liked to go to SIC, but maybe next year!

I don't really get why people want to tattoo themseles for life. But hey if you want to.

Nice gecko, Raury.

I had a girlfriend last year who had a very small heart on her lower back. It was very pretty.

• 2 weeks later...

how about putting a picture of an "eye" behind the left shoulder blade and a picture of a "swallow" behind the right shoulder blade.. people seeing you from the back with your shirt off would get a kick out of that

• 4 weeks later...

I thought that tattoo was looked on badly in Japan? Like a sign of the yakuza or something. Is that not right now?

A few years ago you would see Japanese young people with transfer 'tattoos'. These always looked very sharp and clear which is how you could tell they were transfers. Now though, there are more real tattoos, even in Suwa which is not such a fashion capital (unless schoolboys wearing their trousers round their knees is a sign of a trend-setting town...)

How about piercings? Anybody got their belly-button or tongue pierced? Nipple rings?(photos please) Shrapnel dangling from the lower lip?

[This message has been edited by Ocean11 (edited 23 July 2002).]

• 1 month later...