I get asked this sooooo much, I was wondering what other people answer.

I usually come up with Naoko Iijima as my favorite answer.

So, guys and galls, who's your "taipu"?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isabelle Adjani circa "Subway", if that means anything to anybody. For personality, aura, and all-round coolness, Erykah Badu.

In the pictures I've seen, the snowboarder Victoria Jealouse looks a cutie. The Burton Womens catalog for 2003 has her dropping off Brighton Dam in Utah. A hardcore boarding babe with a snowmobile, now that's got to be good.

The Kano sisters are horrible. The look like they're made of fibre glass.

Isabelle-chan, eh? Oh I remember Subway well...

Naoko-chan's definitely a bit of alright too...

Norika? No thanks, rather vulgar I find.

The category 'my type' is extraordinarily broad and inclusive I find, although the Kano Sisters don't seem to have a place in it.

I once read that in fishing villages in Edo Japan, the villagers were often too poor to have clothes so they went about naked. I'd like to see a period drama with Yamaguchi Tomoko starring as the brave but troubled heroine who saves her miserable fishing village from disaster by a bringing in a bumper catch.

Freshman year in college I saw Subway and had a bad crush on Isabelle Adjani that made all the local girls seem like dowdy little nothings. I stalked her as far as the Reader's Guide to Periodical Literature, which led me to an archived issue of MacClean's (a Canadian mag) where I found an additional photo of her and was well satisfied.

Four years later I was teaching English part-time at the Berlitz School in Oxford Circus. I met a German guy who worked as a makeup artist and specialized in wounds, mutilations and death for horror films. Somebody's got to do it.

One evening he was showing me a medical school picturebook of tropical skin diseases and mentioned that he once worked on a film with Isabelle Adjani. One night out of the blue Fassbinder turned up drunk and disrupted the set. Later that night, my friend went up to the director's hotel room to discuss the delay, and found him in "in flagrante delicto" in the bathtub, underneath the snakelike gyrations of the totally nude Ms. Adjani.

Movies. Who can tell where the real ends and the unreal begins?

I agree with what's been written here about the Kano sisters.

But there is something to be said about that look where the dress fits so tight the seams are about to split. Too many chocolate malts, a glorious dizziness of soft flesh flimsily strapped in and bobbling and protruding and parading around on impossibly high heels.

It's just not fair.

Gwen-chan looks like a drop of the rough stuff to me. A bit 50's looking. I can picture her saying "Gerruz a pinta laager wudja luv"

Yuki of "more shite" fame looks like a fun girl and cute as a button. Also I'm always quite taken with that red-haired lady, wassername from Hannibal and that dinosaur thing, Julianne Moore.

Mmm...very mature

jmoore4.jpg

Mmm...not very mature

yuki05.jpg

[This message has been edited by Ocean11 (edited 08 August 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Ocean11 (edited 08 August 2002).]