Favorite Chu-Hi Experience

Got to go with putting two grape talls down on the way to some Karoke. Security Guard came at 2am to kick us out. Guess it closed at midnight.

Close second is between bars in Rappongi. Definitely takes the sting away from the Y1,000 drinks and helps me forget that I got a vacuum cleaner taken to my wallet the previous night.

Chu-Hi is this magical drink that you can get at most 7-11's, Lucky Charms, Circle K, AM/PM, etc for about Y200 a pop. Pretty much can take a party that starts in first gear and go right to fifth skipping 2-4. The only problem I have found out is the next morning is that some little guy is in my head going to work with a pogo stick for a few hours. Can't get the stuff back in the States, Europe???

The first time I fully came to understand the value proposition of Chu-Hi was standing on the platform at Yamashina station near Kyoto one cold night. Faced with purchasing a beer at 230 yen (5% alcohol) or a Chu-Hi at 160 yen (6% alcohol), it suddenly struck me that perhaps I had a bright future as an alcoholic ahead of me.

A few months later, I realized that I prefer the taste of beer...

My favorite chu-hi experience happened just tonight when I found the shop across the road had added 2 new flavours-grape & orange to their selection. Now I have five delicious flavors to choose from at 88yen a can. Life is good.

• 2 weeks later...

Was up in Tokyo over the weekend with a few friends. Went to the 7-11 and checked out the fridge - new flavor of Chu-Hi Sour Apple. Stuff is dangerous. I could put down many of those talls in no time. I highly recommend!