Which Keitai do you use?

I using J-phone now but

I've got too many Junk call & telephone call from weird people (!) so I am concerning to change.

Personally I like J-phone but a bit useless on the slopes... so I just wondered...

Docomo.

I used to have a mail address but started getting 10 junk deai site mails an hour so I have given up on that. It was a load of rubbish anyway.

AU

No junk mails. I get my work mail transferred to it. Works like a treat.

I think the docomo problem happens if you have an email address that's essentially your phone number. It makes it very easy for spammers to generate loads of addresses.

The one I've got is a GPS model. The service is a bit slow for the maps, but I suppose it's still quite useful. Unfortunately, the latitude/longtitude readings it gives are inaccurate, so you can't rely on it for orienteering as I had hoped. Hopefully the technology will get better in the future. The compass it displays is reasonably accurate, though predictably it's displayed with a kitschy character when a simple needle and gauge would be far more attractive.

I use Docomo and it's great and I usually get reception where friends using AU don't.

I got a lot of junk mail at the beginning, but after changing my email address, have never had that problem again. I would never use J-Phone as everyone I know who got one, changed shortly after - no reception...ever!

------------------

Cheers,

C.Frog

I use telephone cards.

There's nothing quite like the rush you get when debating with yourself whether you have time to dash off the train, buy another phone card from the platform Kiosk, and dash back onto the train before the doors close. Always figure in the lost time when the obaasan doesn't seem to understand 'tereho-n ka-do' the first three times.

I think Docomo wins on reception area, got receptions on top of many mountains, (not ski area ones). Works on most trains/subways around Osaka now as well. Scouser, if you change your mail address, no junk mail.

I'm on docomo as well.

miteyak - I've done the change-mail-address routine too many times to remember now. The junk always seems to get through after a week or so of changing. Pain in the butt

frannyo, choose something weird, not a number. I've never had any since changing (over a year now) Need to be careful about giving number/name to companies (ie point cards), always lie.

j-phone

the reception is terrible.

Also, on my phone, you cant tell how many of your free minutes you have used, so its shooting in the dark each month.

They recently allowed internet access in english though so i was getting all the world cup scores while on the train to games. It was not so nice when I got my bill and they charged me 1500yen for internet use though. That was crazy man, i aint touching the net again on my phone.

AU -- I cannot get reception in my house... (Even I live in Shibuya... I cannot get it, why!?)

Docomo -- I heard short-mail is pretty expensive to use... I am heavy short-mail user...

J-Phone -- I get weird phone call everywhere to my j-phone...

Which Company I should go for!?

Docomo for me....u can change the setting so u dont get emails from computers - that eliminates the weird ones coz they all send from PCs - if anyone wants to email me from a computer they send it to my home pc.

Mitsubishi are bringing out a new docomo phone in July/Aug which has a camera and is supposed to be much better than the Sharp one.

CNN had all world cup info for free.

Wish Japan would make a phone cum MP3 player cum Palm Pilot cum coffe maker cum foot massage cum hot water bottle cum.......