Is Beckham's hairdo an attempt to be more aerodynamic?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like the players didn't get much rest before meeting the big man. Several chose not to go.

If they weren't such a bunch of clueless tossers, someone at the FA could have told le Beck what to say. Mandela's autobiography mentions the imprisoned ANC members having lots of games of football, so I'm sure they could have set him up with a few good lines. Let's face it, all public figures have PR people nowadays.

As for his haircut, I hope he starts throwing gang signs and talking like Snoop. I think its da schnitz!

I found this:

--------------

Beckham the brand >>>>

50,000 Number of Live! mobile phones shifted in three weeks after Beckham put his name to the Vodafone brand.

15 million pounds: amount he has earned in advertising campaigns in the past two years.

50 per cent: the increase in Brylcreem sales after Beckham's ad campaign.

90,000 pounds: amount Beckham is paid per week by Manchester United. £20,000 of this is for image rights.

90 per cent: name recognition for 'Bekkamu' as he is known in Japan.

200 million pounds: estimated value of the David Beckham 'brand'.

--------------

eek.gif

no ender's not alone- he's not popular at all in the states. most people just know that posh spice is married to some famous soccer player. when i was home last summer, i was remarking to my friends how so many people in japan want beckham hair and they were like- who?? was it here or elsewhere i read he was turned down for a guest spot on the simpsons bc not enough people would recognize him.

Anybody out there have any info on the situation?

From what I can gather, he's only signed a three-year contract that would let him get a Bosman at 30. Man Yoo's other players are on five-year deals. Man Yoo would be stupid to let him go for nothing, so they might as well sell him or at least threaten to sell him to get him to sign a longer deal.

They're talking to Barca at the moment, but Barca aren't even in the Champions League. I don't think Beckham's image people would like that. While there is the Kluivert angle, you get the impression that they're just doing it for show to get AC or Real to pay more.

Any thoughts?

The only thing that looks fairly certain now is that he is probably off out of the Premiership.

Now that Man U have announced their openness to sell, and his agents have also said that now "anything is possible", its open to bids from anywhere.

Here an interesting article on the sums of it all:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/2965336.stm

Glad hes got rid of that braided look. I hated that, doesnt suit him.

Looks like hes likely off to Europe next season " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

According to The Sun today (ahem!), it's almost all our war between Becks and MUFC now.

Anyone know if the England game on Wed is on tv over here anywhere - can't find any news on it.