Yes, all of us here love skiing/snowboarding or both, but...

...do you like cheese?

I am very partial to cheese. There are just so many interesting varieties each with their own flavor. I think many people under-rate cheese completely. They can't understand.

My favorites are all non-smelly versions of the beautiful foodstuff - but I do like the smelly ones too.

Actually, come to think of it, I'm not too keen on some of the really smelly ones.

Hmm. Going to have to think that one over a bit more.

I'm not only interested in cheese though - other foodstuffs also interest me greatly.

Any thoughts on cheeses?

i was born and raised in wisconsin...

I am a cheese-head...

we eat lots of cheese in wisconsin...

cheese, beer, brats and sauerkraut...

and more beer...that is our daily diet

danz the cheesehead

Yes, cheese is F-A-B, FAB and definitely worth a discussion on the SJG Forum.

What's your fave?

My top 3:

- Stilton

- Lancashire

- Edam

Let's cheese.

Sounds a bit naughty doesnt it!

Came across one called Bishops Toe or something like that once-it reeked and tasted kind of musty. Blue cheese is killer-kinda smells like chunder don't you think? Cheese gives you crazy dreams so it could an idea to eat a lot before taking anti malaria medication which can give you really crazy dreams. Saw a picture once of a football stadium in USA full of supporters who called themselves cheeseheads and had fake cheese stuck on their bball caps. Tasty and versitile-cheese really has it all.

Last time I went to Mt Cheeseman though I gouged my board down to the core for 15cm on a rock-and decided to not ride on it anymore in case I totally wrecked the base. I went home early and yes-I was cheesed off.

Yes, versatile it certainly is.

So apart from it's flavor and goodness, it is useful for a variety of other reasons other than it being a foodstuff.

It's much more complex than people at first imagine. I think, yes...

Lets's take a moment......

Thank you.

Big cheese fan, myself. Cue cheesy grin biggrin.gif

The cheeseheads are the Green Bay Packers' fans, btw.

Make my own paneer (Indian cheese) sometimes. You've got to get the pasteurized milk (teion sakkin) for it to be really good though.

Of the main British cheeses, it's a decent Chesire I miss. Gotta love that crumbliness. Wish someone would import some.

I like cheese considerably.

However, I am off cheese right now as Ally McBeal has been cancelled and I'm depressed.

Cheese is a profound foodstuff, though, quite rightly as cheeseman points out. Glad the subject has been brought up

String cheese is good for taking snowboarding as an alternative to Snickers. Munching string cheese on a gondola was a pleasant first for me this year.

But when are the Japanese going to start making good cheese at a good price? They had their wine boom nearly five years ago now, how about a cheese boom to follow up?

Not sure where this thread is coming from - or going for that matter! - but yes cheese is profound isn't it.

I think that it's great companion - onion - is another excelled "foodstuff".

Fondue memories? Oh yes, I have plenty of those - scraping the pan for those last boozy cheese bits, lolling around in a stupour after eating a bucket of liquid cheese, and yes, going out for more french bread because mine host never quite buys enough.

rolleyes.gif

Grizzly bears? No, I am not interested in those creatures, although I have nothing against them. But why do you ask that - where's that coming from?

My interests are purely cheese - such a versatile and nutritious foodstuff - and related topics. For example, other foodstuffs and beverages that perfectly compliment our beloved cheese.

Sin, Thank god Ally McBeal is no more!!!

Cheddar, Gruyere, Brie, Camembert,stilton, Fetta, Parmesan mmmmmmmm gotta stop I'm salivating all over the keyboard

Cheese is one of the things I really miss from home along with decent curry, grass lawns, beer gardens, BBC, and Tescos