Go through periods of liking them, then not - depending on how energetic I'm feeling, the snow conditions.. If you get a good mogul run in, it can feel amazing.

Learning to navigate them in the first place though is a complete pain.

I used to love moguls but my 'ol knees can't take them anymore.

When I started learning to ski 12 years ago, my friends basically forced me to go down mogul runs with them. I think it really helped me become a better all around skier quick.

I agree moguls help a bunch with responsiveness and absorption, two things that are key for skiing in japan, even if you don't ski moguls.

eg, when making quick, last-second turn decisions while doing high speed through trees, and

when hitting crazy runout ruts, bumps, geothermal outgassing-holes, stumps, etc, etc.

I simply can't ski them any more. I like long, shaped, and fat skis, so I have three strikes against me... And I'm a lot worse at it than I used to be. confused.gif

Hate them myself. I like really steep jump turn moguls though. They are definitely a pain in the ass on teles but I've got plenty of friends that like em. I guess it's because I was never a very good alpine skier and never really got used to them then. I'd have to agree that they do make you a better skier overall, if your knees can take it, mine prefer not to have to.

Americans love em, when I was in Keystone there were dozens of 100% mogul runs, pretty steep too, took me a long time to get used to them, but it was a challenge, esp when there were no freshies around. Plus physically demanding too.