It is a nice brouchure pic, it has to be said. Is it for sale?

Nice to hear they have cows and sheep up there. I hope they're not cooked up in a big shed all day without any space to move.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes but K-cars do have cheap shaken, cheap running costs, cheap insurance and cheap road tax. They're also good for the environment. In quite a few places you don't need a registered parking space for them. Many K-cars hold their value better than ordinary cars, so they're a good choice if you want a car but won't be in Japan for so long. That's unless you want to go up big hills all the time with four big gaijin and lots of gear onboard.

Just got my (non-K) car shakened

eek.gif

My mate got his Kcar shakkened in January and that cost 170,000 yen. He could have got a new second hand Kcar for that, as was less than pleased.

170,000 for a KCar's shaken?

Must have had a fair bit done to it. A lot of the unavoidable costs go on stuff that depends on the size of the car, inc. a weight tax. Even the jibaiseki hoken is size related.

My car only had minor stuff done (new brake pads, a new radiator cap, new coolant, and the bottom rustproofed). Even a totally clean bill of health would have come to 120,000 plus with the paperwork.

That sounds like an awful lot for shaken on a kcar! I got 2 years shaken on my Mira for 90,000 (including fixing the brakes!).

My car is now for sale by the way, if anyone's interested. It still has 13 months of shaken left too! Contact me if you're interested (I live in Iwate) gap.gif

------------------

Cheers,

C.Frog

I got a sweet motorcycle!! Nothing beats that in Japan. While all of you are waiting at the lights, Im the bloke flying 6 inches between your car and the person next to ya. That, and I got a nice pair of chains for the winter and a heli pack!!! Just grab my skis and head for the slopes!

• 4 weeks later...