We live right in the city and so wheels don't make much sense - until we want to go away for the weekend. I bet having a car in the county is just fantastic - many of you have cars?

Go on, make me jealous. The only way I can hit back is to remember how much the dreaded shaken is!!

If your sharing the cost of parking/insurance/shaken etc with a partner, it can even make sense having a car in the city. I live five minutes from Umeda, and still have a car. Whether it's a midnight getaway to the slopes in winter (car packed up ready to go all winter, minimum prep) or the barbie gear in the summer for a spur of the moment beach session, it's great to have. Got a space gear chamonix, so get to sleep in it too, saves on the hotel bills in winter.

If your from England or Australia, you can even recoup yer loses when you get bored of the motor by sending it home and selling it.

Me: Toyota HiLux Surf. Doubles as bed/removal van. Shaken next month.

Fakiewoman: Mazda Eunos Roadster. Who said summer isn't fun?

Subaru Impreza-da-babes Sportswagon.

4WD, car navi.

Looked great new, then Missus 11 put a few hideous scratches on the front bumper.

Impreza2.jpg

Impreza1.jpg

I used to hate cars when I lived in Osaka, but if you don't have one in the country, you might as well be dead.

(Jeez, did I really post photos of my car??)

[This message has been edited by Ocean11 (edited 07 June 2002).]

A Nissan Sunny super saloon. Handles like a brick and goes through the fuel but great for cruising on long journies.

I live in the sticks so I couldn't do without it.

Imprezza da babes wagon? I'm thinking you're missing a few accessories for that title. Where're the lamps, spoilers, alloys, grill? Sorry Ocean 11, it's a great car, but is it not more of a 'carry da babe' wagon?

Damn miteyak, you're right, it is rather homely isn't it? And it does indeed have a junior seat stowed in the back behind the tinted glass. But it's all rally car under the body work, that's for sure.

I know the 'It's all under the bodywork' only too well. I have a constant fight on my hands with English friends calling my 4WD a 'people carrier', when in fact it's a pajero with a more useful upper half.

What can you do!

That's Yatsugatake Bokujo in Haramura (the public farm of some agricultural university). A nice place to visit all year round. Yatsugatake range is always photogenic.

Pilatus skijo is probably just visible at the extreme left (where they make snowboarders sign promissary notes declaring their intention to behave before letting them on the gondola - really!)

Now I've got my own website, expect my posts to feature photos of all sorts of things you didn't know you wanted to see.

Ummm, so what you're actually saying is my sparkly 4WD complete with alloys, lamps, grill...etc. is actually just a well dressed pile of...

Ah but wait, let me dive deep into the depths of me quality zummerzet education, them there primary school spanish lessons, oh, they must be confusing 'pajero' with 'pendejo', so i'm actually driving around in something that sounds like a large hair from the nether regions.

Yo Matt

I had three days in a Sunny last year when the Surf was getting repaired. It was a really low 2.0 1990 jobbie that stank of fags but handled a lot better than the Surf. I got a Delica 2.8DT (people carrier) for a few hours when I changed my tyres, but that was even worse. Despite being a lot newer than my car, I was well glad to give it back.

Can't beat a convertible in summer, eh, Sharon? Especially when you live in the mountains....

No, you can't beat a convertible in the summer, can you Nofakie, though I almost considered trading it in for a 4wd during the winter. Live in Hiroshima and with lots of ski-jos here, I'm trying to@persuade hubbie we need a Harrier or a Land Cruiser as well.

Now I'm glad I've got the cabriolet though............Pump it up!!!