..ain't much cop frown.gif

Got it yesterday, and not impressed.

(should've known with a bunch of mancs) wink.gif

[This message has been edited by scouser (edited 28 June 2002).]

Obviously written by a big fan, on amazon:

-----------

The heathen Gallagher brothers with their amazing love-hate chemistry (hence the title) have made another superb album. This is probably their best since Definitely Maybe, but really is the combination of all their albums. The rawness of Definitely Maybe is captured in the rockers like "The Hindu Times", "Hung In A Bad Place", "(Probably) All in the Mind" and "Better Man". Then there is the great craftmanship and flow to all of the songs like What's the Story Morning Glory, with notable standouts like "Stop Cryin' Your Heart Out", the "Champagne Supernova" of nowadays and the love song to Noel's new flame with "She is Love". The hard knocking and fun, but lyrically slight ineptitude with the catchy "Force of Nature". Finally, there is the sense of maturity started with "Standing On the Shoulder of Giants" with "Little by Little", and "Born on a Different Cloud". It's all there, and all Oasis. I wouldn't say it's a comeback, because they never really left. But, this album really should blow the other summer releases pending out of the water. Noel is at his finest, the new members Gem Archer and Andy Bell contribute to better music parts and good songs, and Liam is proving he will be a songwriting force to be reckoned with. Not a bad song on it, even the instrumental is fair. The album endures repeated listens and even improves with each listen rather than burning out. The only disappointment will be the wait for the next album!

They've gone downhill right from their high of the first album. Morning Glory was good too, but the last few have been less than great. Maybe that bald strummin bloke was the genius after all.

Morning Glory was an excellent album, some killer songs on there. There was a real buzz about oasis back then. I only heard a couple of tracks off the last album (the one before the current new release), and it just sounded boring.

I agree w/ Wizz. I just bought the CD and I think it's a good Oasis album. The melodies are very oasis-ish, which has always been consistent in all their songs. I also liked the last album too. If you're a true fan of the Oasis sound then you'd continue to like their albums. I think some people jumped on the 'band wagon' on their earlier albums and when they stopped making such poppy sounding songs everyone jumped off.