Kind of new to Japan and kinda interested in checking out some fun Japanese TV. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Sally

If you're into wierd voyeurism, "London Hearts" hosted by the duo "London Boots". It used to be on Sunday, but seems to have moved to Tuesday.

Boyfriends and girlfriends getting stooges to test their other halves. Who usually fail miserably as the hidden cameras roll and their partners look on. You can probably catch the drift without understanding so much Japanese.

Takeshi Kitano aka Beat Takeshi-famous actor/director/comedian of Brother fame hosts a mad discussion show with a large panel of foriegners who are fluent in Japanese. I'm not sure if it's still on, or remember it's exact name but it's the funniest thing you'll ever see on regular Japanese TV. They're always debating controversial issues-it's a hoot. Some other comedy stuff can be funny but in general I'd agree with grungy gonads-read a book instead.

japanese tv sets come with an interesting button to really enjoy tv, it's called the off button! I've been here 8 years and japanese tv is as bad as that fake meat they put on ramen!!!!!

klubhead

Can't remember what night it's on (Friday?) but check out Beauty Colloseum - they get people who think they're "busu" (uggers), get them to come in looking as BAD as possible, then give them plastic surgery etc and have them come back in a months time. When they turn into models.

Just give it a go...

oo, can't do it I'm afraid. I feel my humanity draining out of me just in the first few seconds of that programme, and I don't want to become a zombie just yet.

It's even worse than that other program a few years back where they patronized and humiliated poor tradespeople (some of them quite deservedly poor) in the guise of giving them a leg up. Having difficulty with your dirty little ant-infested restaurant? Go and study with an arrogant, abusive master chef 'shut up and practise the kata', and take smiling lessons from a psychotic chain store sub-manager 'you're not smiling hard enough'. Ugh.