Saw the same kid in Pay it Forward. It has to be the worst flick with Kevin Spacey. I had got to thinking that he only appeared in good films.

I watched what's known in Japanese as 'My Sweet Sheffield' the other night with Pete Poselthwaite. Actually, I didn't see it wi' Pete, ee were in it, and it were crrap, oh aye.

I was half out of my box anyway which didn't help with the comprehension, but an exciting film it was not. I once worked in Pizza Hut and watching the film was a very similar experience to that.

A.I.'s no good then eh? Naruhodo. Thanks for the heads up.

I could tell it was crap when I saw 70% of the many copies at Tsutaya were availible in it's first week of release. If you want a good laugh I recommend "Meet the Parents"-I watched it twice and laughed just as much the 2nd time round.

I couldn't understand why all the movie mags etc gave it decent reviews. I thought it was awful.

Oh yes, maybe it had something to do with it being a Speilberg/Kuibrick whatever movie. Couldn't possibly be no good, could it?

Don't want to seem unfashionable here, but I thought A.I. was fairly interesting. Flawed for sure - what was that ending part? - but not that bad.

I thought AI was a fascinating movie, co-made by the best two directors of all time (kubrick and speilberg). Not only is a great film, but it is fascinating to look at it terms of 'what was kubricks idea, what was speilbergs' etc. I think it is a bit weird because it mixes Kubricks twisted angle on the human psyche with Speilbergs overt sentimentalism.

I think a lot of people had trouble with the movie cos it was slightly different, hence the large number of criticisms.

Personally I found it quite disturbing and moving, with lots of freaky moments thrown in on top - fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...

We had free tickets, otherwise I would have demanded our money back. Hated it.

Had a couple interesting ideas, but my goodness, what drivel. AI has feelings too -- oh, that's a new one!