The Shining is pretty cool, and its on AXN this afternoon.

It's gonna be a sit-in weekend with food, drink and the air-con.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about favorite, but You Only Live Twice got me "into" Japan in the first place and I still have a soft spot for it.

A fun "meglomaniac wanting to destroy the earth from a volcano" classic Bond movie - they just don't seem to make them like that anymore do they?

• 3 weeks later...

Blofelds hideout (well the outside scenery of the mountain crater etc) was filmed around Mt Aso in Kyushu.

The scenes with Little Nellie just before that was shot in Spain.

>> If my memory servers me correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My friend is a Back to the Future fan (understatement), and will be having the new DVDs of the movies sent to her today. She's have a "party" to celebrate tonight, and I have the dubious honour of being invited.......suppose it MIGHT be fun?!

!?

• 1 month later...

I liked 13 Days. A very good historically based movie. I learned quite a bit about that particular episode.

The DVD in the US is a 'Infinifilm' release which has an encyclopedia's worth of extra content regarding the Cuban Missile Crisis. I didn't bother but had I been trapped on a deserted island with nothing better to do I am sure it would have been incredibly interesting.

...a deserted island with a DVD player and generator of course.

I wouldn't say it is a fav, but i really liked 8mm. For the intensity, although the topic is disturbing.

I also liked Vampires Kiss and Bad Boy Bubby. Plus Wild at Heart (I think I like Nicholas Cage films).

I don't have a fav. I only see about two new films per year.

I lie, I just remembered my all time favorite... The Sleuth. I very old movie with Sir Lawence O. plus a well known English actor who is really good at swearing... Cain, Michael I think.

8mm was very disturbing, but very well done. it got a PG rating here. which disgusted me a bit.

if u havnt seen memento yet, i highly suggest it. its the sort of movie u can watch over and over and keep finding new bits.