Teddy Sheringham (Spurs)

Standby:

Danny Murphy (Liverpool)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.

I'm glad Joe Coles in there - he will hopefully be a big surprise.

Young team he's picked then.

A bit defensive as well it seems.

Hmm.

It was pretty obvious from a couple of weeks back that he'd be in, though, wasn't it?

Young team. Will that turn out to be a strong or weak point.

We shall see.

Dyer got scythed on Saturday so he's out too by the looks. Danny Murphy will probably take his place. If Gerrard's out, Trevor Sinclair is in too. I'd play le Saux myself so he and Danny Mills can play the "Equalizer" role if things get nasty. If the midfield is depleted, the last thing we need is Scholesy taking it upon himself to settle some scores. The last time Keegan psyched him up for an England game, he was red-carded in no time.

Beckham's put on half a stone since getting injured, but hopefully he'll be able to get back to fitness.

Both Dyer and Gerrard officially out of the England squad.

They're really going to miss Gerrard - he was set up to shine in this tournament.

frown.gif

Only in a poor photo, yet to form an opinion.

His blond floppy was by far the best..... frown.gif

....well...., Sorry Rach, I don't like Mr. Beckham......

Although I am supporting England because of Michael Owen.

But in case of England vs. Argentina on 7th June.... my feeling is Argentina will win...

I don't know why....

Would you call the old Beckham cut a full-on "floppy"? His hair is too straight. The real floppytop in the England team has always been fringe player (sorry) Steve McManaman.

Best Beckham anecdote is when Ali G got him with "Just because this is Comic Relief, don't think you have to talk in a funny voice".

Prefer the old Chris Waddle mullet myself.

Becks will show you all. He's doing light jogging and trampolining now - seems he might be able to make the Sweden game on the 2nd.

Hes doing jogging and stuff, but he cant kick a ball with his left foot yet. Doesnt sound too positive when the first game is less than 2 weeks off, don't you think?

It seems that he is generally extremely fit, so that's not a problem.

The biggest worry is his lack of ball contact until now. I heard that he was going to start training with a ball this week.

I have every confidence in him.

It looks like he is gonna play but he will lack match fitness for that first game with the swedes.

I saw a reply of the paraguay game last night and Joe Cole was amazing. I am gutted that Gerrard won't be there, especially as a liverpool fan, he would have gone off it this tournament. But, if Cole gets a chance I think he could do an Owen this time round and come to world acclaim.

I think Sinclair is a donkey and shouldn't have been called up as a reserve. And I think they should have McManaman in the team.

Everybody's going to want to have a kick at Beckham's ankle. My bet is he's going to experience the exquisite pain of a fresh break, that may damage his career. Hell, that's just as likely as him doing well isn't it?

That's the biggest worry, but I don't think any international would dare do that. The amount of spotlight on Mr Posh is going to be huge, it would not be a good career move for a player to go for his foot too hard.

I'm in an innocent, naive mood today as you can tell.

I think he'll be just fine.

As bobby12 said, Cole may well be a big star of the cup.

eek.gif

Can you belive it - what has God got against the England team.

Seems Seaman is out of the game tomorrow coz of some groin thing or something.

9 out of the 23 now not in the best of conditions. What a nightmare.

frown.gif

Wouldnt be too sure. On the BBC website they are reporting that he might not make the Sweden game, and maybe not even Argentina - and in that case he will be on a plane back to England late this week.

The bad news just goes on and on