• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty patching game there don't you think.

By the way, the Wideshows this morning told me that Japan will:

beat Belgium 3-0;

draw 1-1 with Russia

beat Tunisia 3-0

So there you have it!

hey...

so where are you tokyo area people going to watch the games?? any good sports bars I should know about??

just 5 days now...

danz

There seem to be a lot of injuries flying about this World Cup. Let's hope they all get fit to play.

Let's hoping for us and healthy soccer life.

What the F?

NHK - instead of showing the opening ceremony, they interview friggin Kimutaku while its going on in the background. Sky are showing it all.

Whats that all about then????????

Did you just hear that?

Out of the France 23, 5 play in the French league.

Out of the Senegal 23, 21 play in the French league.

rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by scouser (edited 31 May 2002).]

Wizz, is that what they did? Well that figures.

What amazes me about this is just how little involvement there seems to be between Japan and Korea. You could almost be forgiven for thinking that it was Warudo Kappu inu Japan. I was expecting a bit more bilateral exchange but it seems that both countries are happy to maintain their traditional respective animosities. (I was hoping my local supermarket would have specials on kimuchi or something. My local booze shop has started selling Korean nigorizake which is horrible...)

Wizz, I saw that too.

Forget the Korean opening display, let's interview Kimutaku.

Tis sad indeed.

With you on the hope, go-ireland, but I'm not too sure how realistic it is.

First rounds of the WC - a 1-0 win is all you need. The time to peak is in the second half of June when it really matters. For now, just get through.

Ganbare greens

Check this out. Never liked this guy....

====

Rivaldo faces ban after faking injury

SEOUL, June 4 (AFP)

Brazilian star Rivaldo could face a severe ban and a fine after faking an injury that led to Turkey's Hakan Unsal get sent off in the closing minutes of Monday's Brazil-Turkey World Cup match.

The Barcelona player collapsed at the corner flag clutching his head after Unsal kicked the ball at his his leg. Korean referee promptly showed Unsal the red card as Rivaldo rolled in agony.

FIFA's disciplinary committee were studying a video of the incident on Tuesday and were expected to give a ruling later in the day announced FIFA spokesman Keith Cooper.

Before the World Cup began players were warned that referees had been ordered to clamp down on cheating.

"In the last World Cup it was the tackle from behind, this time our target is simulation," explained George Cumming, head of the referees commission.

After the match Rivaldo admitted he had feigned injury.

"Obviously I exaggerated the incident for the guy to be sent off," he said.

"The ball hit my hand and my leg. It didn't hit me in the face but that kind of attitude (kicking the ball against an opponent) must not be allowed on the pitch. He deserved to have a red card."

Rivaldo, in his second World Cup, has always been perceived as an under-achiever at international level, despite an impressive scoring record, and has much to prove in South Korea and Japan.

Did anyone else notice that French g1t holding the hen at the game last night. I wanted to throttle him as much as he was throttling the poor bird.

Er, why did he take a live chicken to the match??????????