What do you like about Japan. Tell me.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing which I found annoying at first in Sapporo, but then later thought it's actually a good way to make people think: It's very hard to find a rubbish bin in Sapporo. If you buy some food in 7Eleven and don't eat it right away in the store be prepared to search for the next 30 Minutes for a rubbish bin. They are hard to find.

I used to get allergic bronchial spasms that I associated with certain canned products or Chinese food, so I thought there was some evil MSG link. However, on more careful observation, I noticed that it was really random and probably related to some other food ingredient or even some non-food cause. I think the MSG issue is for the most part untrue, especially since it is a naturally occurring substance. Of course, I'm also sure that one can't up and swallow a spoonful of it and expect no ill effect!

Originally Posted By: Kraut_in_HongKong
Another thing which I found annoying at first in Sapporo, but then later thought it's actually a good way to make people think: It's very hard to find a rubbish bin in Sapporo. If you buy some food in 7Eleven and don't eat it right away in the store be prepared to search for the next 30 Minutes for a rubbish bin. They are hard to find.

Must have been winter. During the snowy months, the park benches and trash receptacles migrate South. They return in spring.
Originally Posted By: thursday
Deffo lack of bins. Not just in Sapporo, but in Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo, Okinawa, everywhere!!

yes i could not find a bin anywhere in kobe the other night. i was disgruntled.

I don't know why but I get mild road rage when I see people throw crap out their windows... veryangry

But the thing I hate most are the drivers who apply their brakes and then signal as they are into the turn...I see this on a daily basis here. grandpa

I do like Japan though...