i don't know if this should be on snow talk, but...

talking to my japanese ski friends on the weekend and they were teasing me about my faint goggle marks. apparently they are not cool at all. personally, i don't like them on myself, but i tan really easily, even through sunscreen (i can reapply every hour and still tan) so i really can't avoid the panda face, try as i might. back home, some people thought they were cool, and funny enough, it was the japanese riders doing a season in nz that had the worst ones ever!!!!

anyway, what's your opinion?

\:D

After a really sunny weekend at naeba, I ended up with a pretty solid goggle tan. It would be fine except for the fact that I bailed on my company ski trip with a bs excuse to go riding with friends. Someone at my office noticed... I just said "no no no... that was from last weekend." wakaranai.gif

I've heard goggle tans are supposed to be "cool" in Japan. ...my girlfriend just tells me I look like a monkey when I have one. \:o

I get a goggle tan sometimes in the winter but not this year yet cause it hasn't been sunny much but during the summer, I get a "permanent" racoon (tanuki) tan from my Oakley sunglasses cause I'm at the beach every weekend jet skiing.

I like to think of goggle tan as a bit of a status symbol but its slowly changing because of the dangers of the sun. A lot of pros are starting to wear face masks or bandanas to block the notorious goggle tan. AKA : racoon eyes Personally, I love goggle tan!

Quote:
Originally posted by .:FoRuM:.:
A lot of pros are starting to wear face masks or bandanas to block the notorious goggle tan.
Could always wear sunscreen. What is up with the Japanese never exposing any skin when they are in the outdoors. Even in the middle of summer they cover every piece of skin and even resort to wearing gloves. In summer. confused.gif

I love the goggle tan. It is a status symbol. But its funny to think that some Japanese would not like them. In Whistler they usually have the best ones and show them with pride.

Isn't the bandanna thing just a blind lemming fashion following of little Shauny White. He started weaning one last year so off go those zany fashion boarders this year. I have seen them out and about on really cold overcast days at Niseko as well which makes a little more sense. Maybe a bit of gangsta stylee into the mix as well. Could be wrong though......often am! \:D

I had a shocking google tan a couple of weeks ago, I think it is both a badge of honour and bloody stupid looking at the same time. Looks a lot better up on the mountain than cruising the streets of Shibooyah that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
I have always called it Raccoon eyes. This is the first time I have heard of Panda.
I have always called it "ski google face" or just "skibum face"
no need to bring animals into it ;\)

"skibum face"

So you just have to bring your bum into it instead??? :p

Have been laughed at all day long. But that`s by the gaijin. The japanese say nothing. Except one, who said it was cool.

Personally, couldn`t give a flying .... \:D