At Naeba on Saturday pretty much only skiers were hitting the big jumps. This may have had something to do with the Mogul World Cup going on. Seemed like 1/2 the people hitting them weren't clearing. Bad, bad news on those big waterfalls. I don't know if I saw any boarders clear.

I gots to call you on this though Fattwins. Skiing isn't making a comeback. It never went anywhere. Yes it is getting bigger and skiers are pulling very impressive tricks and the level of it has been stepped way up beyond all but 0.1% of the people doing it but really skiing never went away.

But about me and parks. I only really ski them in the spring and then only if the conditions and the alignment of the moon with the stars is correct. But looks cool and halfpipes are certainly fun.

Those who are already tired of my shit about skiers, move along now, there's nothing to see here.

Nowhere do ski poles look more ungainly than in tricks and jumps. Skiers jumping remind me of praying mantises in flight. I have seen skiers doing some ballsy and technical stuff, but the poles aren't aesthetic.

Also I'm a bit tired of ski mothers herding their little chicks over the funny little bumps when there are boarders lined up waiting to lob their meat over them. Watching little fluffy pink things snowploughing slowly over the table top when I'm getting lined up for my approach makes me mad.gif . I wouldn't mind if they weren't quite so oblivious to everybody else, and the real purpose of the funny little bumps.

hey hey sj people

zwelgen writing from Breckenridge, home of a bomb park. I can say here I think it is pretty even depending on the day. there are some awesome skiers pulling some sick stuff but the boarders are ripping it just as hard too.

me? I stay off most of the jumps but the pipe, oh yes! It is partly due to the serious lack of powder this year so I went looking for some fun. It rocks and once you get over the attitude at the top of the pipe then who cares, great fun.

hi to all the people I know. dont know when Ill be back on. bye wave.gif

yeah the troublemakers are awesome. Good pop on jumps and for getting out of the pipe but still quite stable at speeds and havent noticed any significant speed wobbles. Im really happy with them and have been meaning to say thanks for your advice for a long long time.

so domo \:D

Good. Ben told me a long time ago that your first day on them rocked but your second day was sketchy. Was a bit worried I sent you down the wrong path. Heads up its Colorado pow time Zwellie, March and the high mountains go great together.

There is something I find a lot more natural about going big on skis (not that I go "that" big) nevertheless, you land (usually) facing fowards, the same direction that you moving in, you have more stability and more control. With a snowboard, you are always landing with your body sideways to the direction of motion its not as stable, your balance is not as good. Also 2 edges are better than one.

Thats why skiers can go bigger. Its simple physics really

Just watch the half pipe at the X games 22 feet out siiiiiiiiicccccccccccccc.

But I have watched sic riders too.

Happos pipe is sweet this year get it now cause rumor has it next year its gone.

Also the Thai restaurant below the half pipe is closing stellar lunch and dins. Happo is reclaiming the buildings so the renters have to go. The guy speaks english and is a great tele wacker.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
Thai restaurant below the half pipe is closing stellar lunch and dins.
too right Fattwins, "Bankokya" is the name and it a sweet little spot.