How about a night out before the season?

Hobgoblin in either Akasaka or Nogizaka is good - and it has Coopers Ale for any South Aussies thinking about coming along! (OK, just me then...) Forget Muse bar - too crowded and besides more of a club than a bar - would be easier to go to there afterwards if everyone is fired up.

Main thing is that we actually do it!! We forumers talk about this every few months but never seem to do it! Although about 10 of us met up before the start of last season and then we ending up riding together a fair bit during the season - so it is is worth doing.

As my mum would say, if its worth doing, let's do it properly!

Assuming we decide central Tokyo - need to be a place where enough train lines connect so that people can drop in. Last time we met at the Irish pub in Harajuku - everyone met at the Gap which is an easy enough landmark for all to find. Akasaka is pretty good to - Akasaka or Tameike are two good stations where lots of lines connect. Akasaka has the benefit (?) of being a walk to Roppongi...

Grungy has kicked off with the idea - I am happy to run with it, so I throw in Friday 22 November as a date - Saturday 23rd is a public holiday which might help with anybody who might normally have to work the next day.

Any thoughts?

Belle

I thought the dates were actually aiming for oct...

but what I want to know is if any of these SJG admin. types are going to show up...

this is a great chance to get them drunk and ensure that all cool prizes get delivered to ME!

besides, I would like to buy them a beer, or at least shake their hand...

danz

Danz - I was taking the initiative and naming a date as no-one else had! Grungy was suggesting end of Oct/before the season started - so I just figured a week or 2 before the season starts might get people more fired up to actually come along!

2 fridays from now as someone suggested would be the long weekend and I reckon a lot of people, myself included would be away that weekend. That is the 11th to avoid confusion.

Belle

\:D eek.gif cool.gif

NEW INITIATIVE ! !

I'm starting a collection to pay my travel expenses to Tokyo for the piss-up. Email me for my bank details. Those who wish to visit Nagano afterwards are free to ride back with me at Imprezive speed in the Oceanmobile.

Sounds good? \:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Christmas party is good, but how about both that AND 22 November?

Would you be interested?

Belle,

haven't seen you for ages.. getting ready for another season of smelly socks and big airs??

• 2 weeks later...