There's a resort in Nara having one this month-had no idea there were resorts in Nara. Also saw an ad for one up in Biwako valley in Aug. It doesn't offer much as a place to go boarding but it's definately a good spot for a party-nice views of Biwako. Any other resorts having parties? Maybe thats how these little places make a profit.

There's one up at Wada Toge in Nagano once a year (seriously!) I don't know whether that's the skijo or another place. Said to be pretty good, and not so very hard to get into without paying.

I went to the party at wada toge last year in september ( or was it October). Great times - one of the best festivals of the year. This year, that same party (labyrinth) is at the beginning of August. Not sure whether it will still be at Wada Toge this year though

there's a festival up by shiobara onsen (near hunter mtn.) at the end of may...

i don't know if its an all out trance deal, but i know a lot of electronica and ambient/space stuff will be there...a us band called sound tribe sector 9 is also playing...

i think its called Lunar Picnic or something...sounds cool

danz

Hey Matt, thanks for that pointer. I might try and make it this year.

I seem to remember hearing about some sort of trance deal at Kiyosato or thereabouts on the Yamanashi side of Yatsugatake. Trance music with ice-cream.

Akibun in answer to your question-people cut loose and have a good time so it's kind of similar to skiing/boarding in that respect. Nice to leave the everyday world behind now and then, dancing at sunrise outside beats doing the same thing in a club if you ask me.