Another movie topic - Lord of the Rings : Any good?

Quote:
Originally posted by Antonio:
(Tokyo expats will know Inakaya).
nope, not this one. But then for me Tokyo has only two buildings in it as far as I am concerned - the one I sleep in and the one I work in. And that is by choice.

Now, who is 006?

You guys must be the only Tokyo expats never to have been there....you guys are so uncool!

There are two of them. One in Roppongi and one in Akasaka. Robotoyaki style food at a hefty price. The reason i pointed at expat business type people is that its not the kind of place you usually go if your paying out of your own wallet....if you know what i mean.

As much as I would like to remain an uncool expat (quite seriously). I have to post the following:

You know…….., sometimes I am a goose. My post above is one such instance.

There are some occasions when, at great protest, I step out of my weekday home-office-home round trip. Tuesday night this week was one of them. I had a nice BIG meal with the two people I work with in Roppongi (puke to the power of 2, Roppongi that is). Anyway on my way out I grabbed the places card.

I just pulled that same card from my wallet. Guess what it says?

INAKAYA

Yeah I know, I am a richard-head.

Don't worry Deebee....we'll keep your secret.

I get the impression you may have forgotten to mention that you also trundled down to Motown for a bit of a boogie before finishing off with a quiet ale at Mugambo's.

That was my life a couple of years ago when i lived here on my first stint. I learnt my lesson

• 2 weeks later...

"Mention the Lord of the Rings just once more

And I'll more than likely kill you" (*)

Only seen the first one, but it wasn't bad. Nice scenery down there in NZ, though I don't know which bits have been computer enhanced. Not unlike Star Wars, the story only seems to be there to link all the swashbuckling action together. Given how obsessive some people are about TLOR, I hope the books are a bit deeper.

(*) Half Man Half Biscuit "Dickie Davies Eyes" 1989?

• 4 months later...

I have this last week watched all the docus on the 4 disc LOTR dvd, and rewatched the movie, and I've got to say I really appreciate it much more now than I did before. Excellent.