Another movie topic - Lord of the Rings : Any good?

most boring movie i saw last year!

acctually wasn't it that bad, beatiful scenes, action, thrill....

BUT, after 3 (!) hours watching like they find friends, fight, loose friends, walk on, find friends, fight, loose friends, walk on,

find friends, fight, loose friends, walk on, find friends, fight, loose friends, walk on...........

it's getting boring!

the worst thing about the whole film is that you leave after 3 hours the cinema and there is NO END!!!!!

the film ends in the middle of the story!

so you have to wait for another year to see the second part and another year to proably see the end.

i think the best way to watch "lord of the rings" is waiting another 2 years, rent the 2 first video parts and watch the last part in the cinema

[This message has been edited by ivo (edited 06 May 2002).]

I thought it was good - but I'm not too keen on the "to be continued" ending. Yeah, I know there's no real way round that etc etc, but it isn't the best way to end a night at the theater.

We had to sit to close to the screen and at some points during the 3rd hour I felt kind of like I did when I used to get carsick as a kid. I think stretching it out over 3 years is excessive-but probably the best way to cash in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

If you liked the movie and got a DVD player, you've got to get the new 4 disc special edition that's out. 4 commentaries, 6 HOURS of documentaries - there is just SO much going on here. I'm about 1/5 the way through.

ivo totally with u on that one!!!

blah im sooo glad i didnt pay to see it at the moives!!!!! blah....

hate the to be contiuned after 3 frigen hours or watching... what a jip!

oo as for the 5 hour ot 6 hour thing... theres no way in hell i'd be paying 180$ for that 5 disc box set! heaps of other things that are more excing for $180 + its only one part of the film... for $180 i'd want all 3 parts!

my 2 cents!

Its my favourite book, and the movie was great too. I am thinking about flying out to HK or somewhere so I can see #2 this xmas. I dont think I can wait until march \:\(

Going home for Xmas and I will be paying to see the next installment!

As a Kiwi who used to live in the area around the MacKenzie basin where some of the snow and mountain scenes were filmed, I love it!

Shame that the Director looks so much like my Dad. Not really the ideal "sex symbol" that NZ should be advertising. His trade mark shorts-all-year-round sytle however epitomize the NZ typical male! \:D Not me of course because I am still under 30!

Gotta tell you my LOTR story...

By default, had dinner with the cast, sitting next to Elijah Wood and two seats down from Liv Tyler at Inakaya when they were in Tokyo doing the promotion (Tokyo expats will know Inakaya).

Managed to make a complete arse of myself when, not knowing who they were, lent across to Elijah Wood and said..."Do you know that guy over there....he reminds me of an actor" Turns out i was referring to Sean Bean.

doh!!!

006 among a host of others, which seem to escape me now you ask.

What made me feel really stupid was that i didn't know it was Elijah Wood i was speaking to. I thought he was just another Neville in the pub having a feed.

This was a highly controversial statement when i said it to my mates but here goes anyway......"Liv Tyler....highly overrated".

Flame at will.