Is it me or is it cooler than usual at this time of year?

y'know, me partner and I, being of good British decent, observant of the weather 'n all, had also concluded that things just aren't heating up the way they usually do. In fact, it's almost cooler now than a few weeks ago!!! Spring started earlier this year, but lasting longer.

It's bloody freezing in Suwa today. Had to go out and get new kerosene last night and was shivering in bed. Christ, there's no point in having Spring that starts in March and goes on right into June! Bring on the heat, or let it snow!!

For the first 9 years in Japan, I used to hate the winter. Couldn't see the point of it at all. A dead, unsexy season. Then it would get warm, the trees would turn a beautiful green, the girls would paint their toenails and take off a large proportion of their clothes, and life would be worth living again.

After I started snowboarding, the situation was almost entirely reversed. So that's what winter is all about, I realized, and then I was hit by pangs of regret for the wasted years. Now I can enjoy both seasons for what's good about them, but this chutohanpa weather has nothing to recommend it at all. You walk about your house hopefully barefoot, and you just get cold feet. What's good about that? Again I say, let it burn! (And for anybody who still doesn't geddit yet, this coolness means that the we're either going to have a hotter summer when it comes, or a warmer winter. Now who needs that!?)

Interesting thoughts Ocean, but ----- naaah, we don't want it to heat up.

I am concerned about all the European soccer teams. He says trying not to sound like I'm just concerned about myself,

smile.gif

Yeh! Japan Sea for me every weekend when it's hot (I never thought I'd drive for 4 hours just to hit the beach - but that's what being a Brit does for ya) then scrimp and scrape my pennies over the autumn for the flights to Hokkaido and Tohoku next winter. I would love to try Nagano but it's just a pain to get there - overnight buses??/?

Of course, sipping cold white wine, champers or beer outside on one of the balconies of my riverside/sea view pad in Hiroshima, helps to while away the time in between beach and mountain.

Would give it all away to be nearer the slopes though!

3 month weather forecast has just been on the TV.

Regarding temperatures:

--June and August will be "heinen-nami" (normal for an average year)

--July will be hotter than normal.