of course...winter food...

that clears up everything now...

what other 'winter foods' are there in japan??

Is it socially unacceptable to eat 'winter food' in the summer time?? this is very interesting...

danz

rajeem:

Quote:
I've never really struck up the courage to get one after a bad experience with a nikuman once from Lawson (I think the "meat" that was in it made me ill).

What do expect from a Lawson? Don't touch their manky stuff - gotta be 7-11. It's the only one with the ii-kibun factor

[This message has been edited by 7-11 (edited 06 September 2002).]

Those poor sods who work in 7-11 have to listen to that damn jingle all the time. Why don't they say to their boss 'Look, mate, this jingle is driving me nuts. And how many extra onigiri do you think get purchased naccount of it, eh? Baka!'

While on this theme and off topic to boot, the jingle they play at Yamada denki is even worse. It actually drives me from the shop without having bought what I went in to buy. Working with that would cause me to become psychotic.

Well danz, I think nikuman will be back in the shops soon, and winter will be just around the corner (saw an Aki Aji beer ad tonite, yeh!)

speaking of annoying songs...

you know that 'fish fish fish' song they blast in supermarkets, I read that the stores that play that song actually sell MORE fish than the ones that dont...and apparently that song has become a hit with the kids...i even think a cd is released...

so clearly, corny songs are a big draw for the japanese consumer...

danz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i havent heard of a fish-fish-fish cd being released, but i swear i saw what looked like its music video on tv a while back.. eek.gif

i wonder if itll come out in karaoke..

im thinking with lyrics like that, even the average-joe-gaijin with rather unsavvy japanese could impress in the karaoke box ;\)

sakana sakana sakana,

sakana o taberu to..

karada karada karada,

karada wa yoku naru.... :p

'Fraid I don't actually. Have to give me some more clues (there's a lot of enka biddies out there...) I have to say that I try to suppress my normal curiosity where that song is concerned - even to the extent of blocking my ears and running whenever I hear it.

nikuman nikuman nikuman

nikuman o taberu to

nikibi nikibi nikibi

tappuri-i dekiru zo!