Was at Naeba last night. Didn’t think that Oasis would actually turn up – maybe Liam and Noel fight before they get to Naeba!! – but they did and they were awesome. I haven’t seen them in 3 years, but they were really great. Crowd good too – loads of people. Not too hot either. Superb. Manic Street Preachers were good too, first time I saw them. Back to the festival!

OK, I was up at Fuji Rock as well (for 4 days!) and heard as many bands as was humanly possible - and let me just say that this forum needs the voice of reason (taste). First of all, Oasis sucked, period. Saw them for 3 songs and left midway through, couldn't hear the guitars over the noise and the whiny voice was average at best. Another correction, Neil was great. He gave the audience 2 1/2 hours (was only supposed to play 1 1/2) of classic Neil Young and Crazyhorse and ripped it up more than most other bands half his age - if you were expecting to get blown away by new material, you should have been somewhere else - you got what you would expect, a solid set and more than your money's worth.

Too many UK bands for my taste anyway. Too all you aussies, Powderfinger was great as well!

Can't wait 'til next year!! Oh and for the nihonjins - would love to see Bigfrog again as well.

yo yo gonads is in the house! grungy boy, you were at the rock show? i was keen to go but i reckoned you were more of the barbara streisand/julio iglesias type...go figure? doesn't surprise me Oasis sucked, way overrated and with a huge unjustified ego to boot. neil is a legend, 'nuff said. would have been nice to see ani difranco play. anyone catch her on stage? Maybe next year - i'll be looking for you grungy!!!!!!!!! can't wait to hear you whinge about me again.

smooches.

• 8 months later...