i played this shit last winter in hirafou (in wazzas world) with some aussie mates.

does someone of you remember the ruels??

i just know that we used 2 dice and we (or the others) get fu***n drunk...

yo ivo - it's called mexicali and if i remember correctly (i was pretty smashed as well) you use two dice and it's a bluffing game. can't remember the rules but one person roles in the open, the other covers there's and then...shite i dunno i'm sure they have it on the AA homepage wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I remember it being called "Mexican"; I found the basic rules on the web:

Players sit around the table and roll the dice in turn. When rolling you use the non-transparent cup to "shield" the dice so no one else except you can see what you rolled.

Dice scores are computed as follows:

If the numbers on the two dice are different:

5 + 3 = 53

2 + 6 = 62

4 + 1 = 41 ...

etc. (highest number is always the first digit)

If the numbers on the two dice are the same:

1 + 1 = 110

2 + 2 = 220

3 + 3 = 330 ...

etc.

Special case:

2 + 1 or 1 + 2 = Mexican(unbeatable)

You always want to have a higher dice score than the player who rolled previous to you. If you don't have a higher score than you must "bluff" (i.e. bullshit).

The round ends and you start again when:

a. Someone calls a bluff - the liar has to drink.

b. Someone tries to call a bluff but is wrong - the accuser has to drink.

c. A Mexican (2 + 1) is rolled. A Mexican is unbeatable. No matter what happens after this, the round will end.

d. If the next player believes the roller really has a Mexican, and the roller really does - everyone drinks.

e. If the next player believes the roller really has a Mexican, but the roller does not - both players drink.

f. If the next player believes the roller does not really have a Mexican, but the roller really does - accuser drinks twice.

g. If the next player believes the roller does not really have a Mexican, and the roller does not - liar drinks twice.

h. Everyone has passed out. In this case the game does not start again.

We also had a variation called the "Flying Mexican"; this is when you claimed a Mexican without ever looking at the dice. If someone calls you a liar, but you do indeed have a Mexican, then the accuser has to chug a beer. If you claim it and it turns out you're were talking out of your ass, then you chug.

And of course, there are all sorts of on-the-fly rules like: must use your left-hand to shake the cup: "sloppy dice" - if you cause the dice to roll off the bar/table, you have to drink, etc. etc.

Hope this helps. Now who needs the rules for "3-Man"...

• 8 years later...

never really been one for drinking games, I don't see the point. Often you have to lose or do something wrong and then take a slug......so if you play the game successfully then you don't drink......I like drinking, just wasting drinking time playing the game! smile