So who is the best example of J-POP then?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can even hear that Utada Hikaru girl on some of the music channels over here in the UK. She seems to be one of the main Japanese artists that they are "pushing" overseas. Is she really popular in Japan?

gorilla, I wouldn't know about that. I'm not_that_much of a fan despite appearances. But it may well be true - I have seen pictures of the two lovely tarts getting about in NY.

Ayumi is the pits though isn't she? Her squawk seems to be getting worse while her 'penetration' becomes more invasive.

I have Van Morrison, Oasis, Uncle Tupelo, Eminem, and Lauryn Hill lined up for my drive to Nozawa tomorrow. And some Puffy! Yeaaaah!!

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see JB, the Soul Brother Number One, on this thread. Go on, give us a few lines of Funky President, will ya !

People people

We gotta get over

Before we go under !

People - Gotta get some land

Grow our own food

Just like the man !

That Southern dude is still knocking em out solo. Apparently he did the surfer one coz he started surfing on the wrong side of forty. As someone tempted to start on the wrong side of thirty, he gets my respect for that one.

His tunes still blow goats however rolleyes.gif

"Blows goats" = sucks big time. That's if I'm in tune with US slang. Don't ask me about the etymology.

If they ever played any JB on the slopes I'd probably fall off the lift. Even the semi-duff 80s ones.

Gravity

The big G !

G-R-A-V-I-T-Y !

I watched that "Utaban" (?) program last night with the SMAP guy and that other tall bloke.

They had Minimoni on with their new masterpiece....it just has to be seen/heard to be believed. Astonishing.

That Tsunku producer guy must be getting quite rich now. Anyone remember him when he was first mincing about and looking a right plonker in SharanQ (forgive the spelling). How things change hey?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hikaru-chan's eggs are lousy, I'm sorry to say. She's been concentrating so hard on her musical career that all her cooking skills have been forgotten. Her eggs are always overcooked. I've been trying to get her to change her priorities, but she won't take the headphones off long enough to hear me out.