What do you really know about South American resorts?

Hi everyone!

I was wondering how many of you have skied or rided in the South American Andes?

My question is: are you ready to forget New Zealand and head to Argentina & Chle next august?

Great board!

Camel

Hi OzOzOz,

Let me begin with this. Las Lenas, Argentina. The best lift-served off-piste terrain in the world! Marte chairlift, every skier and rider´s dream. Deep, dry powder, ski & ride all day, party all night!

Portillo, Chile. Some of the best powder in South America. People down here is just great! friendly, funny, crazy!

Also check out www.staadventures.com for more info.

See you there next august!

Powder is dry & deep like nowhere else. Lots of fun, great people, Argentinian girls! as someone said, it doesn´t get much better than that!

A little bit expensive, but definitely worthy.

Moshi-moshi Camel-yo Came-san-yo!

I went to Valle Nevado Chile in 1997 for skiing. I was suffering from high altitude disease at the place.

I wish going southern part of Argentina such as Alta Patagonia next time.

By the way, what going the inflation these days? I'm worrying about that situation.

Good call Saburo,

AltaPatagonia in Bariloche has great views, lakes, etc, but you´ll get better snow in Las Lenas though.

About devaluation and inflation... don´t worry, it´s getting cheaper every day. Last year 1 USD = 1 Argentinian peso. Today 1 USD = 2,50 pesos...

• 2 weeks later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by camel:

See you there next august!

I trust you'll be there as a customer. All this sounds a bit like an advert to me....

Whatever NoFakie....

I´m from Argentina, and I´m trying to introduce all of you to some of the best powder you´ll ever experience.

Why don´t you come down here and see it for yourself?

Don´t worry, you have to make your own travel arrangements, ok?

• 2 weeks later...

There are two resorts I'd recommend you all. Las Lenas in Argentina and Portillo in Chile. I guess you've heard about this two before... haven't you??

Because of the high altitude these resorts (location: high Andes) receive tons of snow, and specially this year because of "El Nino" (the Pacific gets warmer than usual every 3-4 years creating huge snowfalls up in the mountains).

You'll find more challenging terrain than in any other resort in Japan or even USA (more than Whistler and Jackson Hole). And a really good thing about these two areas is the extensive avalanche control system they have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I reckon ole camel decided he wuz better off riding the insane pow down there with those crazy busty latin girls rather than wasting his time taking stick on this board tryin' to tell us snooty bastruds all about it...