soccer league - which is best?

they all S U C K....

sorry all but dont you think soccer is a pussy sport?

they fall over have a cry and then do a little drama act to get themselves a penaltiy goal and blah blah blah....

The english soccer league is by far the most popular i would think???

go the RUGBY LEAUGE!

The Premiership.

But, the best team in the world (Real Madrid) have the best players in the world (Ronaldo, Zidane, L.Figo, R.Carlos etc) and they play in Spain.

S_F_G... soccer is not for pussies. Its a game of skill and people who dont understand it are missing out. The rules are simple, the players are unbelievable skillful, and it is the most popular game in the world. Hence the name "the world game". I love rugby union, league and a lot of other more so-called "contact sports" but soccer is still up there. Even though are national team is a joke, did you remember how popular the football (as it rightly should be called) was over here when the world cup was on! Heaps of my mates got really into it, even though they were more footy heads than soccer heads, and we all went to see most games at the pub and had an awesome time every time! When the world cup was over there was certainly something missing! Seriously, S_F_G... you should learn to appreciate football.

i appreciate football - rugby league... thats football, i would arguee till my face is blue...

i didnt say that the soccer players donthave skill im sure they do but i dont follow it cause i dont like it...

just the same as i dont like AFL....

Here are my thoughts...not that it adds much to the original question.

Calling soccer/football a 'pussy' sport is a cliche. Anyway, at least they dont clobber the daylights out of each other like some other codes players do. Those guys carry on like a pack of thick head thugs.

I really dont enjoy any mainstream sport at all, so I suprised myself when I found that when watching the world cup on tv in Tokyo I was somewhat enjoying it! It was the first time I had watched a full game in my life and as 'sports' go it was pretty captivating. The obvious skill of these guys is amazing. It was also far more edge of the seat than other sports I have seen. I must say though that some games were rather dull, and I only watched the soccer as the rest of the tv was in japanese. In fact I only watched the tv as my books had not arrived from Sydney at that stage (I had only just arrived in Japan).