Chips, Fries, Hot Chips, Crisps, Wedges, Potato Chips...?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Practice, Grasshopper. Long, arduous practice.

I'll have some chips, fried, crisps, wedges and potato chips please!

One week, the chicken got so boring that one tried Kung Pao chicken. It was refreshing; revitalising, zesty. So much so that the Next Thursday was decided there and then to be Kung Pao day. But hey

What's odd is that nori-shio are very, very difficult to find in Hokkaido! :sadface:

I usually bring along one bag/day for apres when I go up there.

I've not noticed that before....my mrs really likes em and she eats em fairly regularly

you people are still confusing crisps with chips.

No confusion!

You use the words that get you what you want in the place wherever you are.

So, in Aus, you want crisps, you ask for chippies. You want hot, fried potato strips, you ask for chips (or fries at Maccas). You want potato slices fried and hot ask for scallops, you want potato slices fried and cold, ask for chippies ... Not a biggie, jusy ask a local what to ask for to get what you want.

Bloody Poms tyhink they invented the language! :confused:

When I was growing up Thursday was typically chicken. I think Tuesday was often Chinese, and Friday was of course fish.

How did Thursday morph from a chicken to Chinese?

I just tempura'd my tits off.

Prawns, squid, butternut pumpkin, sweet potato, mushroom, brocolini, asparagus and probably more. Washed it down with wild turkey so cant remember lol

When I was growing up Thursday was typically chicken. I think Tuesday was often Chinese, and Friday was of course fish.

But ur a yank, ergo a heathen....don't worry about it

One week, the chicken got so boring that one tried Kung Pao chicken. It was refreshing; revitalising, zesty. So much so that the Next Thursday was decided there and then to be Kung Pao day. But hey! The day came around, and they forgot to get the chicken. So they just decided to have the sauce with the rice.

And it was so: Chicken to Chinese in 3 weeks.

• Like 1

One week, the chicken got so boring that one tried Kung Pao chicken. It was refreshing; revitalising, zesty. So much so that the Next Thursday was decided there and then to be Kung Pao day. But hey! The day came around, and they forgot to get the chicken. So they just decided to have the sauce with the rice.

And it was so: Chicken to Chinese in 3 weeks.

Cool+Story+Bro+3.jpg