Shatner was trying to put you off - that was his mission. He made a point of going to Trekkie Conventions and telling the sufferers to 'Get a life'. Sometimes he called them 'freaks'. He was a 5th columnist making a brave attempt to help people out of the Star Trek illness, and warn off others who might fall prey to it. He clearly succeeded with cal.

Star Wars has now become what it always wanted to be - a space version of Who Fwamed Wodger Wabbit. It now largely consists of Liam Neeson holding poker faced conversations with more or less comical computer animations. It's just a dog and pony show, with the same walk 'n talk plotlines that characterized every single episode. (Hint to Liam - you wouldn't look nearly so bored if you actually had some other actors to look at.)

I think the two entertainments should follow the practice of Japanese villages and towns and merge into one. They could call themselves 'Star Twek' or maybe 'Star Twarks'.

I am sorry all you star trek and star wars nerds out there... but no matter how much I try I cant get in to either of them. I have tried... my best mate is a full star wars freak so I have been subjected to these shows for many years. Still no good! I just dont get it! ... I will give you one thing though, Yoda is a legend!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

is this even a debate!!! Starwars beats the lot hands down...ahem early star wars,,, the new one are crap.

Han, Luke Leia, R2, Chewie....come on people...Dr Spock! Scottie!(American by the way) and Kirk...Starwars is a clear winner....