enderzero, you say Industry support, but I'm sure I read that Japanese developers - possibly the most important in the world? - are running away from the system given the total sales in Japan (I think they went into double digits last week)

?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got an XBox - get Panzer Dragoon Orta. My jaw dropped to below the floor when I saw it and it plays oh so sweet. If you like shooters and flying dragons (even if you dont like the dragons so much) - its a must have. Best looking game ever!

does anyone use x-box live? the online thing? i am thinking of getting it.

is there anything i should know about it?

does it work well?

expensive monthly fee?

i have a nintendo gamecube now, but i am gonna sell to a used game shop. they said they'd gimme 15,000yen for the console pus my extra controller and 3 games. can go wrong!

i need an xbox cos the online facility looks great, and some of the games will be in english. plus they have better games. i have realised nintendo is 90% a kids console.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i want that one. does the 6000yen for the game include the gun? or do you have to buy it seperatly?

if anyone on here wants to hook up on xbox live, leave a message!

• 2 weeks later...

My J friend has an Xbox (so now you know who the Japanese Xbox owner is), and showed me a game called Otogi last night. Awesome stuff. Its like an action/slasher game but the settings/music/story is all very traditional Japanese. Definitely different, awesome graphics - a lot of fun.

I got an Xbox last month:

House of the Dead 3 - good shooting fun

Halo - awesome

Jet Set Radio Future - very cool

That Otogi looks really good too. I can't see why the Box isn't selling in Japan, there's some awesome titles on it.

My take on all this.

I have all 3 consoles (ps2, cube, box) and like them all. Ps2 makes up for its dated-ness in the fact that programmers are now pushing the machine to its limits and so there are great games out there - just don't by the duff.

Cube has exclusives, but lots of kiddies games.

Box is my favorite - the best technology and the games will only get better.

I saw that in Akihab the other day - looked like fun, but just like other slashers just set in Japan and seriously Japanese traditional music. It looked full of Japanese text too - so be careful.