After selling out to become that New Romantic Gary Glitter (even copying the double drummer), he had the BBC eating out of hand. Three stages on TOTP for Goody Two Shoes even after ditching the band.

But presumably all the money, adulation, and shagging weren't good enough, so he had to go arty erotic and all-too-predictably got himself kicked off Cheggars and Swap Shop.

Final nail in the coffin was that any older kids who might have liked his new direction already had far more interesting and talented characters like Marc Almond to capture their attention.

I've listened to his autobiography which was kind of interesting, but not a top drawer effort like Julian Cope. He's an all right bloke, but I just think its funny that after ditching the post punk stuff that John Peel was always championing and achieving massive commercial success, he threw it all away so easily with fluff tunes with "nudge nudge wink wink" lyrics. Its not as if he was coming out with the next "I wanna be your dog" or "Venus in furs". Its even tame compared to the SM stuff Depeche Mode produced. I do like "Puss n Boots" though. KITTY KITTY!

I have some nice boots.

That comment got me looking at old videos

No wonder they absolutely hate their pre-Corbijn videos, painful! :lol:

I used to quite like me some Adam Ant.