Centleisure Maiko Snow Resort (Minamiuonuma, Niigata) - 24th January 2011

One of the closest resorts to my home, about 10 minutes drive, Maiko is a good place and there was some fine snow there and lots of it untouched.

It wasn't busy but there were a fair few people around - perhaps busier than it appears on some of the photos as they were all taken earlier on. smile

I posted a report last year too and some of the photos here will be similar. Just love the backdrop to the gondolas there taken from the north area of the resort.

But hey, this is how the place looked today. razz

muikabochi_2765.JPG

muikabochi_2764.JPG

muikabochi_2744.JPG

muikabochi_2761.JPG

muikabochi_2759.JPG

muikabochi_2758.JPG

muikabochi_2756.JPG

On the below photo, you can see the main central area of Gala Yuzawa in the background:

muikabochi_2755.JPG

muikabochi_2754.JPG

muikabochi_2753.JPG

muikabochi_2752.JPG

muikabochi_2751.JPG

muikabochi_2750.JPG

muikabochi_2749.JPG

muikabochi_2748.JPG

muikabochi_2746.JPG

muikabochi_2745.JPG

muikabochi_2763.JPG

Just point the camera up there gg. The Nikkor 12-24 lens seems to catch the sun like that really well. It's not always pretty, I usually take quite a few slightly different and hope that one comes out clean.

Originally Posted By: Heather Locklear Rocks
Maiko sounds and looks like a good place, I hope to get there this time round. Close to the expressway as well by the looks.

It is, the Korakuen area is about 500m, the Gondola probably just 2km. Really handy.

One thing I forgot to mention.

They were playing the strangest of music over the loadspeakers.

It was like some kind of soft jazz/funk... the sort of thing you hear as background music in some cafe. Very strange choice it was. I'd even go as far as saying that I think I would have preferred JPop!

Obviously the sound of nature is best.

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
One thing I forgot to mention.
They were playing the strangest of music over the loadspeakers.
It was like some kind of soft jazz/funk... the sort of thing you hear as background music in some cafe. Very strange choice it was. I'd even go as far as saying that I think I would have preferred JPop!
Obviously the sound of nature is best.

haha better then Limp biskit screaming out "Bitch" etc at 9am...