Snow and weather reports posted on Thursday 26th April 2018
Geto Kogen Now!
Sunday 15th April 2018, 7:31am
Morning from Geto Kogen.
A fair day weather wise yesterday but this morning unfortunately it is raining. Hopefully it will ease off sooner than later and leave us with just cloudy conditions. We might or might not be lucky with that...
Hopefully clearer weather tomorrow.
It looks like temperatures will be rising from around Tuesday.
Official snow depths:
Top: 320cm Base: 190cm
Number 1 Gondola and Number 1 pair lift are operating Read more ...
Sunday 15th April 2018, 7:53am
Rain, cloud, fog
Good morning from Yuzawa.
Quite strong winds indeed yesterday.
And as expected, rain too, which is forecast for pretty much most of the day today. It looks like there is limited visibility on the mountains this morning. Not the nicest of conditions!
Beyond today we should be enjoying clearer skies.
There is more news to report this morning (and apologies for missing this yesterday). Today is going to be the last day of the season for the Kandatsu Kogen resort. They were of course originally planning on remaining open for another week, but with the snow situation that just is not possible.
So, today the ski resorts that are at least part open are Kandatsu Kogen, GALA Yuzawa, Kagura and Naeba.
At the time of the report, GALA seem to be saying that they will be open but they have not put up lift operations info. Might be worth checking with them for the latest if you plan on being up there.
From tomorrow, just GALA Yuzawa and Kagura will remain open - with Naeba still planning to be open for weekends and Golden Week.
All of this is subject to change of course - I don't suppose it would be too much of a surprise if there were further adjustments...
Yuzawa Now reports will continue to be posted daily until 6th May
Updated: Sunday 15th April 2018, 7:50am
Planned resort operations - subject to change
Kandatsu Kogen - *** TODAY IS THE LAST DAY OF THE SEASON AT KANDATSU KOGEN *** - Official snow depth: 50cm - Kandatsu Kogen is part open - The Tozawa pair and Ikenodaira quad lift remain operating
GALA Yuzawa - Generally at least part open until Sunday 22nd April (* changed from the initial plan of 6th May) - Official snow depth: 100cm - Central Area: The Gondola, Coach, Barouche, Phaeton lifts operating; all courses remain open - North Area: The Victoria lift operating; Broadway, Swan (part), Super Swan and Super Broadway courses remain open - The South Area and Falcon course back to base are now closed for the season
Naeba - Naeba is re-opening today and tomorrow - The resort then plans to be open weekends and daily from 28th April until 6th May - Official snow depth: 100cm (upper area) - The Prince Number 2 Gondola, Takenokodaira and Daishamen romance lifts are scheduled to be operating - Need to take the Gondola back down to base
Kagura - Tashiro Ropeway plans to be at least part open until Sunday 6th May - Mitsumata Ropeway and the main Kagura area plan to be at least part open until Sunday 27th May - Official snow depth: Kagura area - 240cm; Mitsumata area - 140cm; Tashiro area - 190cm - All areas of Kagura remain generally open and almost all course areas still available - The downhill course back to Mitsumata Ropeway is closed - The Dragondola connecting Tashiro with Naeba is now closed for the season Read more ...
Nozawa Onsen Now!
Sunday 15th April 2018, 8:01am
Morning from Nozawa.
It's not very nice this morning.
Rain. And probably for the day.
Hopefully we will see clearer skies tomorrow.
It has been keeping relatively cool; starting to get a bit warmer once again from around Tuesday.
Sunday 15th April 2018
Fresh snowfall since yesterday as reported by the resort:
- Nagasaka Gondola - Yamabiko Four - Yamabiko Number 2 Four - Skyline pair - Uenotaira Four - Paradise Four
The following courses should be open today:
- Yamabiko - Kokenashi - Uenotaira - Paradise - Bunabayashi (to mid station) - Rinkan (to Isemiya) - Get back to base via the Rinkan course or using the Gondola - Shuttle bus available from the bottom of Rinkan to Nagasaka car park
General resort operations information until Sunday 6th May:
The Gondola will be open from 8:10am daily; The Number 1 car park will be free daily; There will be no village shuttle bus between until 27th April; Nozawa Onsen plans to remain open until Sunday 6th May. Read more ...
Sunday 15th April 2018, 8:11am
Hello and good morning from Hakuba.
It's not a particularly nice on though. Rain and wind.
At the time of writing, Happo-one is closed due to strong winds on the mountain and there are some restrictions on upper areas at Goryu/47 too - though they are open). Please check with the resorts if you are wanting to be out there today.
I think many will decide it is a day for a rest though. Myself included!
Tomorrow should be better with sunshine due.
Planned ski resort operations on Sunday 6th May 2018:
We are checking the below information every morning, but please note that resort operations are beyond our control (obviously!) and are totally subject to change!
** ALL LIFTS CLOSED THIS MORNING AT TIME OF REPORT **
- Grat quad - Alpen quad - Riesen quad - Usagidaira pair (* open only on weekends/holidays) - Nakiyama Number 3 triple - Gondola - Panorama pair - Kokusai Number 3 pair (* open only on weekends/holidays) - Kurobishi Number 2 quad - Kurobishi Number 3 pair
** TOP LIFTS AFFECTED BY WIND AT TIME OF REPORT **
- Gondola - Alps Number 1 pair - Alps Number 3 pair - Alps Number 2/4 pair (* open only from 28th April until 6th May)
- The top area (except Champion Expert) remains open - You can still ride back down to Gondola base on the Toomi course - getting rather narrow! - The Toomi lift is now closed - The Iimori lifts and area is now closed
- Gondola - Han-no-ki high speed pair - Tsuga Number 2 pair - Tsugaike Ropeway ** ON HOLD THIS MORNING **
- Top Tsuga-no-mori and Han-kou areas remain open - Han-no-ki and Karamatsu are part open - You can still ride back down to Gondola base via Karamatsu (snow is thin on the ground) - The Tsugaike Ropeway plans to be open daily until 6th May - The Ropeway is open only for hiking and climbing; a special form must be submitted
Oh dear, it's all a bit wet and gloomy this morning. But hopefully the rain might ease off and perhaps it might brighten up a bit later on.
If this is all your bag, Niseko Grand Hirafu and Niseko Annupuri remain open with those lifts waiting for your bottoms to sit on them. Apart from, it would seem, the top King Number 4 lift at Hirafu which is starting the day on hold.
From tomorrow there is more of a chance of seeing some sun and from mid week things look set to start warming up.
Sunday 15th April 2018
Resort specific information (operations subject to change):
- Ace Family quad (* operating daily until 15th April) - Ace Number 2 Center Four (* operating daily until 6th May) - King Number 3 (* operating daily until 6th May) - King Number 4 (* operating daily until 6th May) - Hirafu Gondola (* operating only on 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd April & 28th April - 6th May)
- Most of Hirafu remains open - Lower part of Super closed - All of the Hanazono area is closed